How to install cTiVo
- cTiVo requires MacOS X 10.7 (Lion) or newer.
- Download the application
- Drag the cTiVo Application to your "Applications" folder
Configuring your TiVo to allow downloads
- Sign in to http://www.tivo.com/tivo-mma/index.do with your user-name and password.
- Select "Change DVR Preferences". Enable TiVo Downloads.
- Save your settings.
- You may need to force an update from your TiVo, or wait an hour or so for this setting to take effect.
Obtaining the Media Access Key (MAK)
The Media Access Key is a special key that is unique to your TiVo account. It enables you to move the shows from your TiVo for any reason, including TivoToGo. It is needed by cTiVo to download shows.
To get the MAK for your TiVo:
- Sign in to your TiVo account
- Go to TiVo's Key page
- Copy down the ten-digit number. That is your MAK Alternatively, you can simply use your TiVo, and do the following:
- Go to the main TiVo menu
- Go to Messages and Settings
- Go to Account and System Info
- Go to Media Access Key
- Copy down the 10-digit number