How to get cTiVo running quickly
Note: this page assumes you are familiar with TiVo and how to set up software. If you need more detailed instructions, please see Installation, or the references below. Or see the special instructions for iTiVo users.
cTiVo is intended to be very easy to get going, but it has a lot of configuration options if you choose to take advantage of them.
- If you haven't already done so, enable video downloads on your TiVo.
- Download the cTiVo software and run it.
- cTiVo will find any TiVos on your local network,
- cTiVo will ask you for their password, known as a Media Access Key or MAK.
- cTiVo will then list all the recorded shows available on your TiVo's.
- Choose which of the Video Formats you want cTiVo to use to save the downloaded video on your computer.
- Choose which Configuration Options you want to enable.
- Drag any programs you want to record to the Download Queue box.
- Wait while cTiVo downloads and processes your videos, including copying to iTunes.
- You can set up iTunes to automatically copy to your iPhone/iPad as you wish.
- Enjoy your video wherever and whenever you like.
If you would like more information, check out the other documents: - Installation - Configuration - Subscriptions - Video Formats - Advanced Topics